The ideal candidate for this position will bring strong technical skills, team leadership and client relationship skills. As Job Captain, the selected candidate will need to be proficient in Revit and possess 5-10 years of relevant post-degree experience with hands-on project management and design/construction documentation of medium to large projects.
The Architectural Job Captain will work closely with the internal Project Manager and an extended project team to create and design construction documents.
Key Responsibilities and skills include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist project architect in developing project documents
- Prepare, review, and check construction documents for accuracy; coordinate documents with team members
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of and adhere to project schedules
- Minimum 5 years of work-related experience.
- Strong technical capabilities
- Utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work independently and as part of an effective team, while effectively and gracefully handling changing and evolving directives;
- Ability to work independently with proficient organizational and time management skills;
- Highly-motivated, good team player with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, collaborate with large multi-disciplinary teams, and work well under deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
SLAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.