SLAM has an opportunity for an experienced Construction Administrator with 10 – 15 years of experience to join our Iowa City office. The Construction Administrator must be design sensitive, have strong communication & organizational skills, and possess extensive knowledge of construction with in-field experience on large complex projects. Healthcare experience is preferred.
Responsibilities include: tracking and response for project documentation, including submittals, RFIs, field directives, change orders, applications for payment and project closeout documents; observing ongoing construction with respect to adherence to the requirements of contract documents; and as follows:
- Perform on-site observations of the progress and quality of the Work to determine in general if the Work is being performed in a manner indicating that the Work when completed will be in conformance with the Contract Documents and notify the Project Team and Contractor immediately if the Work does not conform to the Contract Documents or requires special inspection or testing;
- Maintain a log of activities at the Project site, including weather conditions, nature and location of Work being performed, verbal instructions and interpretations given to the Contractor, and specific observations;
- Receive and respond to requests from the Contractor for information and, with assistance of the Project Team, provide interpretations of Contract Documents;
- Assist in the preparation of supplemental instructions, correct or revise information in the REVIT model. Extract information from the REVIT model;
- Attend meetings and report to the Project Team on the proceedings;
- Be proficient in MS Office and Revit, be comfortable working with new technologies;
- As the project documentation, records and submittals are maintained in digital formats, utilize Bluebeam for notation, markups and communication with the design build team;
- Be able to work collaboratively with a large project team, take direction, work independently, gracefully handle changing and evolving directives, and have the ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.