This mid-level position presents an opportunity to join the interiors team in our Denver office. As an Interior Designer, you will continue to develop your design experience, relationship skills, and interpersonal skills while working on multi-faceted projects, growing project and client management experience, and get involved in the firm’s marketing efforts within a collaborative team environment.
- Participate in all design stages from conception to completion of projects, including programming, conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Develop and evolve the design direction in collaboration with project team.
- Assist in managing all phases of interiors projects, including project set-up, design and consultant/vendor coordination.
- Assist in managing client expectations and team communications to create clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements.
- Assist in mentoring younger designers on design, Revit, and project documentation.
- Assist in building new client relationships and sustaining existing ones.
- Participate in business development activities, marketing efforts and industry events.
- 5-8+ years of corporate workplace experience, Life Sciences project experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- Experience with the architectural design process and integration of interior design, including programming, planning, design development, construction documents and overall project execution through post-occupancy.
- Basic knowledge of building codes, and ADA standards.
- Design, presentation, and documentation skills that support multiple aspects of project execution and delivery.
- Knowledge of FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, material and color selections and specifications.
- Product research skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent listening, and communication skills.
- Able to work independently, as well as work effectively with the project team.
- Self-starter, responsible, organized, highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Creative thinker with problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and ability to work on various projects concurrently.
- Revit experience required, knowledge of Photoshop, Enscape, InDesign, Sketch-up and/or 3-D Studio Max a plus.
- NCIDQ Certified Interior Designer or in the process of becoming certified.