SLAM Construction Services, headquartered in Glastonbury, CT, is seeking an experienced Construction Superintendent well versed in healthcare construction.
This role requires strong knowledge of managing work in hospitals and other medical facilities, strong organizational, safety and communication skills necessary to manage and lead logistically complex and sensitive projects. As the on-site primary point of contact, this position requires the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with owners, architects, engineers, vendors, regulatory staff, and subcontractors throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead and manage the on-site construction team
- Coordinate owner/facility operations during construction
- Monitor and report on schedule progress and projections & queue up subs in advance of work
- Attend and actively participate in coordination and scoping meetings with the Project Manager
- Mange all subcontractor safety orientations, onboarding, JHA’s and monitor compliance.
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractor installations, workflow, and sequencing
- Drive field team to achieve targeted milestones and completion dates with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications
- Proactively identify and solve potential problems, before they occur
- Monitor, correct, and report on quality control issues and defective or non-conforming work
- Identify and proactively report material and scheduling projections throughout the construction process to the Project Manager
- Complete daily field reports and logs
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, inspectors, and other employees
- Monitor and promote job site safety, safe work practices, and rectify any job site hazards.
- Understand construction techniques and all trades
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Perform interior layout and basic survey for line grade and elevations
- Read and implement schedules, including 2-3 week look ahead
- Effectively communicate and manage vendors, team members, and owners with tact and diplomacy
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Use of ProCore, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Promote and foster strong working relationships with the trades and harmony on site
- Strong record keeping and use of field technology to assist with this reporting
- Any combination of education, training or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree or any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the skills and responsibilities noted above
- Experience in general trades and on-site construction supervision
- Proficiency in at least 3 trade skills preferred
- OSHA 30 certification
- ICRA certification