This mid-level position presents an opportunity for an Interior Designer to join the Orlando, Florida office of SLAM, a growing national firm of 275+ employees with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Glastonbury, Iowa City, Los Angeles, Providence, and Philadelphia This position represents an opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the firm, working as a member of our well-established firm-wide interiors studio.
Overview of Job Description:
- 5+ years of experience working as an interior designer
- Corporate, Justice and/or higher education design experience preferred
- Experience with the architectural design process and integration of interior design, including programming, planning, research, design development, construction documents and overall project execution
- Working knowledge of FF&E, furniture systems, color and material selections, and specifications
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent listening, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Self-starter, responsible, organized, highly motivated, and detail orientated
- Contribute to the growth, development, and success of the Orlando office
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
- NCIDQ Certified Interior Designer or in the pursuit thereof
- Experience with Revit required plus knowledge of Photoshop, Enscape, InDesign, Sketch-up and/or 3-D Studio Max a plus.
Firm-wide Interiors Studio Interface:
- Close collaboration with firm-wide Interior Design studio to ensure consistent processes, share experiences, promote learning opportunities, manage resources, and coordinate overall initiatives