This mid-level position presents an opportunity for an Interior Designer to join the Providence, RI or Glastonbury, CT office of SLAM, a growing national firm of 275+ employees with additional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, Iowa City, Los Angeles, Orlando, and Philadelphia. This position represents an opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the firm, working as a member of our well-established firm-wide interiors studio.
Overview of Job Description:
- 8+ years of experience working as an Interior Designer
- Public education/K-12 design experience preferred
- Experience with the architectural design process and integration of interior design, including programming, planning, research, design development, construction documents, construction administration and overall project execution
- Convey strong graphic and oral design presentation skills, develop design concepts, create 3D renderings and graphic presentations to clearly communicate design.
- Working knowledge of FF&E, furniture systems, color and material selections, and specifications that align with K-12 best practice.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent listening, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a cross-disciplinary team
- Self-starter, responsible, organized, highly motivated, and detail-orientated
- Contribute to the growth, development, and success of the learning environment design and to the advancement of K-12 public education market.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design
- NCIDQ Certified Interior Designer or in the pursuit thereof
- Experience with Revit required plus knowledge of Photoshop, Enscape, InDesign, Sketch-up and/or 3-D Studio Max a plus.
Firm-wide Interiors Studio Interface:
- Close collaboration with firm-wide Interior Design studio to ensure consistent processes, share experiences, promote learning opportunities, manage resources, and coordinate overall initiatives