The Senior Project Engineering candidate will work directly with a Project Team to manage the structural design process from project inception through end of construction on a wide range of projects. Responsibilities will include completing structural analysis, preparing plans and specifications, reviewing contractor submittals, shop drawings, and RFIs. Work will require independent problem solving, decision making, and the implementation of standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work as well as overseeing production work of junior engineers. The Senior Structural Engineer will coordinate the structural engineering design with the client, project Architects, municipal agencies, and other design team members and consultants. Technical responsibilities will include the design and analysis of medium to large size projects utilizing software packages such as Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS, RAM Structural Systems, ENERCALC and Excel, among others.
This position can be located in any SLAM office location: Atlanta, GA | Boston, MA | Denver, CO | Glastonbury, CT | Iowa City, IA | Los Angeles, CA | Orlando, FL | Philadelphia, PA | Providence, RI
• Minimum requirements are a Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, Master of Science/Engineering is preferred.
• Ten to Twelve (10 – 12) years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design of medium to large size projects in office design, healthcare, schools, higher education, tenant renovations, and research facilities.
• Professional Engineer’s (PE) or Structural Engineers (SE) license preferred. Ability to obtain licensure is required.
• Extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices.
• Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with Architects, Owners and Contractors to address design and construction issues.
• Keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations, and project related documentation.
• Proficiency in Tekla Structural Designer, RAM Structural Systems, ENERCALC, and TEDDS.
• Ability to work in Revit a plus.
• Knowledge of RIB SpecLinkCloud specification writing software a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Detail oriented with strong people and team skills.
• Understand and track financial information related to the project.
• Ability to travel to out-of-state project sites required.