The Senior Structural Engineer will work directly with a Project Team to aid in managing the structural design process from project inception through construction. Responsibilities will include completing structural analysis, preparing plans and specifications, reviewing contractor submittals, shop drawings, and RFI’s. Work will require independent problem solving, decision making and the implementation of standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of engineering work as well as overseeing production work of junior engineers and CAD technicians. The Senior Structural Engineer will coordinate the structural engineering design with the client, project Architects, municipal agencies, and other design team members and consultants. Technical responsibilities will include the design and analysis of medium to large size projects utilizing software packages such as Tekla Structural Designer, RAM Structural System, TEDDS and Enercalc.
• Minimum requirements are a Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering, Masters in Science is preferred
• 8 – 10 years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design of medium to large size projects in office design, healthcare, schools, higher education, tenant renovations and research facilities.
• Professional Engineer (PE) or Structural Engineer (SE) license preferred. Ability to obtain licensure required
• Extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
• Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with Architects and Contractors to address design and construction issues
• Keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations and project related documentation
• Proficiency in as RAM, Enercalc and Tekla Structural Designer
• Ability to work in Revit and AutoCAD a plus
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Detail oriented with strong people and team skills
• Understand and track financial information related to the project