The SLAM Collaborative has an opportunity for an experienced Construction Administrator to join our Providence, RI office. The Construction Administrator must be design sensitive, have strong communication & organizational skills, and possess extensive knowledge of construction with in-field experience on complex projects. Healthcare experience is preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities include: tracking and response for project documentation, including submittals, RFIs, field directives, change orders, applications for payment and project closeout documents; observing ongoing construction with respect to adherence to the requirements of contract documents; and as follows:
- Perform on-site observations of the progress and quality of the work to determine in general if the work is being performed in a manner indicating that the work when completed will be in conformance with the Contract Documents.
- Maintain a log of activities for each project, nature and location of work being performed, verbal instructions and interpretations given to the Contractor, and specific observations.
- Receive and respond to requests from the Contractor for information and, with assistance of the Project Team, provide interpretations of Contract Documents.
- Assist in the preparation of supplemental instructions.
- Attend construction meetings and report to the Project Team on the proceedings and document meetings.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Construction Management Software, be comfortable working with new technologies.
- As the project documentation, records and submittals are maintained in digital formats, utilize Bluebeam for notation, markups and communication with the design and build team.
- Be able to work collaboratively with a project team, take direction, work independently, gracefully handle changing and evolving directives, and have the ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently.